Friday, March 19, 2004

 
One of the recruiting coordinators just asked me if I'd be able head up to one of our target schools for a 1L recruiting reception next week. Most of my colleagues hate the receptions, even though it means a night off from work and a free meal. There's travel, and you have to put on a smiley face, and I guess it's a pain, but I kind of enjoy it every once in a while. The difference is that I take names. If I meet a kid and I think he's a jerk, just from the thirty second conversation where he tries to impress me with how much of our website he memorized, or how many of our clients he can toss into a sentence, I jot his name into my Palm Pilot and he doesn't get an offer. But it works in the reverse too. If you give off the right vibe; if, for whatever reason, I just like you, I'm not saying you're going to get an offer, but I'll jot your name down and come resume-scanning time you might get another look. Or maybe you get me for an interviewer and you have a little edge going in. Not going to make a ton of difference but maybe it helps. Cancels out the B+ in Torts. Well, probably not. If you couldn't manage an A in Torts, I don't know if I really have any use for you.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
For a Seattle Car Accident Attorney who doesn't use a Palm Pilot anymore, give us a shout!
 
I am remarking to tell you what a marvelous affair my little girl delighted in perusing your site page. She saw a wide assortment of pieces, with the consideration of what it resembles to have a marvelous helping style to have the rest without bother get a handle on some tiresome issues.
thanksgiving images
Funny Thanksgiving Pictures

 

تعد خدمات الاول في المدينة المنورة من افضل الخدمات في مجال التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات لانها تتميز بجودة المنظفات المستخدمة وامهر عماله تعمل على انهاء مهامها على اكمل وجه وبنظافه ترضى العميل بالاضافة الى خدمة مكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات المتميزة لدينا
مستودعات تخزين اثاث بالرياض
شركة غسيل شقق بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?