Sunday, April 25, 2004

 
Just doing a bit of work before dinner to prepare for a client meeting tomorrow, and I noticed that a thread on the aptly-named "Greedy Associates" message board has been discussing my post from a few weeks ago about not giving an offer to a girl who omitted from her resume her membership in the Federalist Society, and whether I didn't give her an offer because she didn't tell the truth, or because she was a Federalist. I hope the person who asked the question isn't an associate here, because I'm not impressed with his or her reasoning skills. Why would I care that she's a Federalist? I care that she lied. I couldn't care less what political affiliation an associate has as long as they do the work. I mean, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to hire an avowed Communist, but within reason it doesn't much matter. That's not to say there aren't certain student organizations that raise red flags -- musical groups make me fear I will have to listen to someone humming in the hallways whenever they pass, and that really annoys me and I don't want to deal with it. Listing meaningless positions in fourteen different organizations -- "social director," "publicity manager," "membership chair" -- doesn't thrill me. And whenever someone has "mock trial" listed on their resume, I like to ask them if they enjoy being in a courtroom. Because if the answer's yes, guess what? You're not working here, because you're not going to see a courtroom for four years. But if you're on the "mock document review" team, you've got an offer on the spot.

Comments:
Thanks a lot for your job! Your consultations and advices here are so important for hundreds of people!
 
The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol
 
If you always write interesting, I will be your regular reader. skin care Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol
 
Cheap writing service 24/7 online!
 
Welcome to the most reliable writing company!
 
Thanks for sharing this post.Nice post.
Click Here...
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best posting.
Assignment Help

 
Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tip of your post is awesome.
Assignment Help

 
There is a point.You are right.
Welcome to essays-shark.net and get professional writing help for improving your writing skills
 
Couldn't be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old roommate! He always kept talking about this Assignment help| Need Assignment help
 
I love redaing your blogs ;) They are always amazing :)Oh, recently I've ordered a paper in Political science at www.custom-essays-online.com. It was so interesting :)
 
Interesting post. Thanks for this info.Here essays-shark.net is a great source for students
 
Hi to all! Coo post! If you have some problems with essay writing, don't worry! As for me, it always help qualified workers on this site www.essay-mania.com. Cheap and fast.
 
We live in an ever changing world. New technologies keep coming up and if you don't want to be left behind, you must keep up with the world which is moving too fast. That's way its very topical use www.fresh-essay.com

 
Very interesting story, thanks for sharing your experience. Keep on writing. Everyone can also visit this high-quality custom writing service www.grand-essays.com where they will get top-class professional help for writing original and effective assignments.
 
awesome post......thanks for sharing.....keep posting and keep sharing...
Consumer Behavior Assignment Help |
 
keep it up…….keep sharing and keep posting….appreciate your work…...
Finance Assignment help |

 
really appreciate your work......thanks for posting......keep posting and sharing.......
Law Assignment help |
 
Have a go. Website gives free hacks for pixel gun 3d gaming, how to hack pixel gun 3d . Its real and working. Visit to know more.
 
To get free gems and unlimited coins for pixel gun 3d gaming visit web hack for pixel gun . It has real hack for pixel gun 3d gaming.
 
Nice website for pixel gun 3d gaming. and moreover it has hack for the same. Visit how to hack pixel gun 3d to know more about pixel gun 3d in details.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?