Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 
I can't believe no one failed the bar this year. I can't believe it. There's no one I get to talk about behind his back, no one who gets to be the latest scapegoat for all of the firm's problems, no one who gets shamed into having to do it all again. Sometimes the fates conspire to suck all the fun out of this job.

The office is too quiet today. People are already starting to think about leaving for the holiday weekend. Not for long. I just called one of my least favorite associates and asked him to come up here in a few minutes. There's an inconsistency in some client file and I want it straightened out before the weekend. I don't know why, I just do. Sometimes you fixate on something and need it to get done right away, before anything else can happen.

There's a secretary playing holiday music on her computer and it's permeating the halls. I don't want to hear it. It's a month too early for Jingle Bells. And I think I heard the word Jesus in one of her songs. Hopefully that's enough to get some disciplinary action started against her. Jesus. Jesus. There's no room for Jesus at a law firm. Unless he can turn water into a bottle of wine I can bring to Anonymous Wife's brother for Thanksgiving and then I wouldn't have to go buy one. I hate buying things for her family.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?