Monday, January 09, 2006

 
There's someone new working in the firm's mailroom. Well, perhaps new. I think it's been four years since I had to go to the mailroom myself, so I'm not sure. But the point here is that this person working in the mailroom is surely either a man or a woman, but I can't tell. I think it's ridiculous that we'd hire someone so distracting. The associates and paralegals who go to the mailroom are there to deal with important letters and packages and legal materials, not to ponder someone's gender. I sent an associate to find out for me, and she came back and said she didn't just want to ask and didn't know what else to do. I told her I don't care how she does it but I need to know, for my own peace of mind. So she came back an hour later and said she waited around and eventually followed it to the bathroom and it's a she. I suppose that's the preferable alternative, although I'm not entirely sure. Doesn't really matter, since it'll probably be four more years until I visit the mailroom again, personally. But I'm looking out for my underlings here. No distractions.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?