Sunday, March 05, 2006

 
Anonymous Wife and I watched the Oscars telecast tonight. Usually I try to avoid watching awards shows, because I don't think anyone should ever be given any awards, for anything, but my wife really wanted to watch it, so I relented. I haven't seen most of the movies that were up for awards, but some of the titles piqued my interest and I might have to check them out to see if they'll be appropriate to show the summer associates this summer during orientation.

I don't know what "The Constant Gardener" is about, but I love that title. Hopefully, it's about a gardener who works all the time. And then I can show a clip and explain how we merely want our employees to be "The Constant Lawyer" and it's really not that hard.

Similarly, "Good Night and Good Luck" resonated with me, because that's often what partners say to associates, when we leave for the evening knowing they've got assignments that will keep them busy well into the wee hours of the morning.

"Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" reminded me of three of the partners down the hall from me. The fat and hairy Trusts guy, the mean woman partner, and the guy with seven or eight suits hanging in his closet. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Probably won't make sense to show a clip in orientation, but at least I can relate to the film, if I'm ever forced to watch it on an airplane.

I enjoyed the song performance of, "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp." Of course it's hard. Most of his prostitutes are probably failed lawyers who couldn't hack it. And they're usually no lookers.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?