Thursday, January 07, 2016

 
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it... can I still make an associate go clean up whatever mess it made?  Hey, I know it's been like six years since I last posted on this thing, but surely I'm important enough that you've all been checking it daily.  So I can just jump right back in, yeah?  Hopefully people still read blogs.  I'm not actually sure what people do anymore.  Man, I remember when I was just a "people," before I became too powerful to do much of anything that I'm not billing for.  Worrying about life and stuff like that, ha, what a crazy time that was.  It is really great to be able to pay people to do things for me that I don't want to do, and to use work as an excuse for avoiding anything else I don't feel like dealing with.

But I should catch you up on what you've missed these past six years.  First of all, I'm at a different firm.  Smaller, but just as indifferent to the needs of the people who work for us.  You know, I used to wonder if smaller firms really were selling something different to prospective associates, the whole work-life balance thing, more access to clients, more interesting work, personal attention, all of that junk.  But now I realize all those purported advantages were just trumped-up ways to paper over the truth.  There isn't a smaller firm out there that wouldn't love to be a big firm, if they could manage to procure enough work.  Smaller just means they aren't good enough to be big, that's all.  Anything else is just a story we're telling to try to convince you -- or ourselves -- of something else.  No one makes a deliberate decision to stay small.  No one.

The other update for now is that Anonymous Wife made a wonderful miscalculation about how easy it would be to get around the antenuptial agreement I made her sign before our wedding, and she now lives with a VP of marketing -- ha, marketing, the idea of that being a respectable career always makes me laugh -- in an ungentrified neighborhood that I'm almost scared to be driven through when I pick up our kids for a visit every fifth weekend.  I, of course, found someone better, almost instantly, and she was even able to convince me to let her have a child.  So we have a baby, who is some number of months old, and his half-siblings hate him, of course, because I get to do everything over again and make time for him the way I never did for them, blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, he is a demon around bedtime, so I've started teaching a class as an adjunct at a terrible law school around here just so I don't have to be home when my wife is dealing with that.  I thought I knew terrible law schools from the years I've spent recruiting mindless drones to come be my slaves -- but I never really thought about the fact that there was a whole tier of law schools far beneath even the ones we thought were far beneath our targets.  It's one thing to con people into taking a job that'll kill their souls.  At least we pay them.  It's quite another thing to con people into spending $200K to get a "degree" that is completely and utterly valueless.  So those are the people I'm screaming at a few nights a week, about whatever comes to mind, since, honestly, they are not paying me enough to prepare material, they're really not.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about all of that, especially since I told New Wife that this blog is what I "need" to be working on during bedtime the rest of the nights of the week.  She thinks it's a law review article that I'm working on.  Yeah, I married someone who thinks that someone like me would have to write law review articles in order to justify his professional standing.  I didn't say she was a genius.  So, there we are.  My return.  For real this time.

Oh-- I'm just putting this here as a placeholder for my next post-- I need to remember to write about the funniest thing that's happened to me in a while.  An associate popped her head into my office the other day and asked me about our paid family leave policy.  I don't even know which of those words is the funniest-- paid, family, or leave.  Probably leave, because I think that's what she's going to do.  Wow, I've missed having this outlet, I really have.  Talk to you again soon.

Comments:
You have been missed, please keep posting.
 
I was only one click away from deleting your blog link from my Favorites. Good thing I checked first. Welcome back!!!
 
You've been missed. Welcome back!
 
How could it be that I just discovered your blog. After 3 years of law school. You mean, I, too could have been reading something online, like all my fellow classmates, rather than taking notes about matters that won't even be on the Bar Exam?

Anyway, I would love to know what happened at the old firm, and with The Jerk. Because I find it hard to believe that Anonymous Lawyer would just go to a smaller law firm so that he could more closely scrutinize the firm's members. Did you finally go for the jugular on one of the associates taking your candy, and HR wasn't as understanding?
 
I really like your blog content the way you put up the things…I’ve read the topic with great interest.
Brain and head injury La Mesa
 
Thank u so much for having such a nice and entertaing stuff for us. I really enjoy your blog and the way you have describe your content.I also have some amazing and wonderful stuff and i wana to share it with you.
Stories Tellers
 
it is informative blog but need more effort.
 
Keep posting bro

<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Review</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/vid-reaper-review/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Bonus</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/huge-bonus/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Coupon</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Reviews</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Review</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/vid-reaper-review/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Bonus</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/huge-bonus/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Coupon</a>
<a href="http://vidreaper-review.com/" target="_blank" title="Click to see review>Vid Reaper Reviews</a>
 
Keep posting bro

 
nice... Car Accident Lawyer San Diego
 
Great to know about your blog.I doing a search on Lawyer Adelaide and found your interesting article.
 
These are actually wonderful some ideas in the blog. You have touched good quality points here. In whatever way continue writing.

exblueprint
 
THANKS FOR UPDATING...
MORE VISIT: 蔡小煒律師

分享 蔡小煒律師
 
I really thank the author of this article, the article has great significance for me, it just leads me to do better things for this life. Very meaningful, thank you very much, wish you happy
Mobimatic Review
Mobimatic App Builder
Mobimatic Bonus
Vid Reaper Bonus
Mobimatic App Builder
Mobimatic Bonus
Vid Reaper Bonus
Mobimatic App Builder
Mobimatic Bonus
Vid Reaper Bonus
Mobimatic App Builder
Mobimatic Bonus
Vid Reaper Bonus
Mobimatic App Builder
Mobimatic Bonus

 
How can I get a criminal record?
public records
 
Aamil Ms Jaferi ap ko farham kar rha hain Istikhara ki service jo ap dunya k kisi b hisa ma hasil kar sakta hain wo b bagar kisi fees k. Aamil sb Free Rohaniilaj b farham karta hain.
Online Istikhara
Free online Rohani ilaj
Online Istikhara for Marriage
Dua Istikhara for marriage in Urdu
Free online rohani Wazaif
Free taweez online
Online Marriage Istikhara Service
Love Marriage Problems
Nori ilm
Istikhara
 
Another collaboration is set to release with size? and adidas Originals. The two will debut the adidas NMD R1 Trail size? Exclusive this weekend Yeezy Boost 350 Turtle Dove which features a ripple outsole.For the size? collaboration, the Trail edition of the adidas NMD features a softer mesh which is paired with hardwearing, weatherproof canvas further enhanced with a taped seam Yeezy Boost 350 to keep water out. The rear panel that sweeps around the heel utilises a rough suede texture, rounded off with visible zig-zag stitch running around the light gold bordered edge. Fairly muted Adidas Basketball Shoes in terms of colours, the only real hits are small emerald green touches added to the pulltab on the heel and branded panel on the outsole.The size? Exclusive adidas NMD R1 Trail Adidas Ultra Boost is set to release on Saturday, November 19th, 2016. You will be able to purchase at all size? locations as well as at their online store. Below you can check out more Adidas Shoes photos which will give you a detailed look.
As the weeks go on, we are having more looks at various adidas Ultra Boost 3.0 releases. Next up is the adidas Ultra Boost adidas outlet 3.0 ‘Royal’ which will debut during Spring – Summer 2017 amongst others.This isn’t the first adidas Ultra Boost in the 3.0 theme we have seen using Blue. Recently we showcased the ‘Mystery adidas nmd R1 Blue’ edition but the difference is the Royal accents.Looking closer, they feature Royal Blue throughout the Primeknit upper which also lands on the Three Stripes and heel counter. Following is a White Yeezy Boost 350 Pirate Black Boost midsole and is then completed with Black on the outsole.Below you can check out more images of the adidas Ultra Boost 3.0 Royal which will give you a detailed look. While Adidas Yeezy a specific release date is not known, they will debut at adidas Originals retailers during Spring/Sumer 2017. Retail price will be $180.
The adidas Ultra Boost ‘Reflective Pack’ was set to debut adidas ultra boost
 

نستخدم افضل المكينات المخصصه في تنظيف الموكيت والسجاد الخاص بالمساجد والتي تعمل عن طريق تنظيف موكيت المساجد بالمنظفات الحديثه لكي نصل الي اعلي مستوي من التنظيف

كما ان جودة التنظيف الخاص بتنظيف الموكيت تعتمد علي نوعيته مع استخدام المكينات الحديثه وبالاضافه الي الايدي العامله المدربه حديثا

شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?